So as you know, I’ve been trying to avoid baking sweets. I certainly have desserts here in there in little bites, but if I don’t have sweets in my house, I can limit the amounts. Occasionally however, despite my best efforts, I have baking explosions. One of those happened on Sunday night. There were sparks, smoke and flames. Despite the craziness, the product was delicious. Actually, it was so rich, I could barely eat more than one. I would make a few changes here and there so it’s a work in progress. But for chocolate fanatics- this is your dessert.
Adapted from Southern Living
- 4 (1-ounce) unsweetened chocolate baking squares
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- 2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 (12-ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
Before I poured the batter in the pan, I lined it with tin foil, spray it with cooking spray and dusted it with flour. This technique is definitely not the norm for me, the recipe suggested it so I thought I’d give it a try. It was a bad idea. The brownies stuck to the sides and were nearly impossible to pry away from the foil. Next time, I just use cooking spray.